September Birthstone - Pure Silver Coin made with Swarovski® Crystal
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Silver Content (Troy oz):
- Precious Metal Content (grams):
- Fineness (% purity):
- Minimum Gross Weight (grams):
- Maximum Diameter (mm):
- Maximum Thickness (mm):
- Maximum Mintage:
Your sapphire birthstone is said to bring truth, loyalty, and clarity of thought
Your coin features a Swarovski® crystal that represents the month's birthstone, the sapphire! Scintillating with the intensity of a blue summer sky, the sapphire brings peace of mind and a sense of calmness to the beholder. September's birthstone is believed to offer protection from envy, harm and ill health, while bringing truth, loyalty and clarity of thought.
The perfect birthday gift for someone born in September.
- NINTH COIN IN 12-COIN SERIES! Your coin is the ninth in the monthly series that combines complex engraving, selective colour and a gem-toned crystal for a sparkling celebration of each birth month!
- FEATURES A GENUINE SWAROVSKI® CRYSTAL! Each coin features a genuine Swarovski® crystal that represents each month's birthstone and its colour.
- STUNNING COLOUR! Selective colour extends the celebration to the engraved elements emanating from your coin's centre.
- BEAUTIFULLY ENGRAVED! The mandala's layered pattern is beautifully engraved in outstanding detail—including the mid-relief lotus that naturally draws your eye!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,000 coins worldwide.
- PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
Designed by Pandora Young, your coin presents a cross-cultural celebration inspired by the ancient tradition of Indian mehndi. A symmetrical arrangement of highly ornate shapes and symbols form a 12-point radial pattern that reflects the calendar year. A prominent henna motif—the lotus—is among the finely detailed elements that emanate from the centre, where a colourful Swarovski® crystal represents the September birthstone, sapphire. A selective application of colour complements the stone, while the playful contrast between soft and vivid tones highlights the layered complexity of the engraved artistry. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know...
- A blue sapphire's colour can range from light to dark greenish or a deep violet-blue; but as a corundum type of gem, sapphires can actually occur in all kinds of colour—except red.
- Sapphires are found throughout Southeast Asia.
- In the Middle Ages, the clergy wore sapphires as a symbol for heaven while commoners thought it attracted blessings.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.