Star Trek™: Deep Space Nine - Pure Silver Coloured Coin
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Silver Content (Troy oz):
- Precious Metal Content (grams):
- Fineness (% purity):
- Minimum Gross Weight (grams):
- Maximum Diameter (mm):
- Maximum Thickness (mm):
- Maximum Mintage:
Both sides of your coin specially shaped to match the contour of Deep Space 9
From Gul Dukat’s machinations to the Dominion War, Star Trek™: Deep Space Nine set itself apart with season-spanning story arcs and character-driven plots that resonated with Canadian fans! The sci-fi series’ eponymous space station gives shape to our celebration of Deep Space Nine’s 25th anniversary. Engraved on both sides of your coin and the rim, the circular structure’s docking ring alters the coin’s rim, while full-colour images of the Bajoran system fill the field on both sides—an unforgettable FIRST!
Stepping away from the hopeful, exploration-themed spirit of its predecessors, Deep Space Nine struck a chord with storylines that focused more on the reality of life at the edge of the galaxy. It was the first Star Trek™ series set primarily on a space station—one built by an alien race, no less. The former Cardassian refinery-turned-Federation station was suddenly thrust into the galactic limelight after the discovery of the nearby Bajoran wormhole, which is vividly depicted on the coin’s reverse. Newly located at the crossroads of the Alpha and Gamma Quadrants, Deep Space 9 became a key commercial hub and a centre of diplomacy, eventually becoming the Alpha Quadrant’s first line of defence against a Dominion invasion.
A must-have Star Trek™ collectible for Deep Space Nine fans! Order today!
Watch full episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Thursday afternoons on Space!
- A FIRST! Your coin is the first to feature a full-colour image on the obverse!
- ANOTHER FIRST! A full-colour image fills the reverse and the obverse of your coin—another first! Each side features a different view of the Bajoran system, even the swirling wormhole on the reverse.
- CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF STAR TREK™: Deep Space Nine! Your special collectible is the latest addition to our continuing tribute to the pop culture phenomenon that is Star Trek™, whose spirit of exploration and innovation continues to inspire millions of Canadians!
- LIKE A SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM! The most famous space station in the Star Trek™ universe is in orbit on the obverse and reverse, where the proof finish highlights all the finely engraved details that mimic the look of a schematic diagram!
- MADE USING A RADICALLY NEW EDGE SHAPING TECHNOLOGY! Unlike any other coin ever produced, your incredible coin was minted using a radically new edge shaping technology that allows continuation of the engraved design from the face to the rim.
- SHAPED LIKE THE STATION! Far from making the circular space station fit within the coin’s shape, we’ve altered the coin’s shape to ensure it follows the station’s contour—including the recessed docking bays!
- UNMATCHED CARE AND EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP! Engraved in a Star Trek™ font, the legend on the obverse gets a boost from a very fine line of colour that has been applied with unprecedented precision!
- DRAMATIC SERRATION DEPTH 6.5X DEEPER THAN THE STANDARD! Shaped like Deep Space 9 with never-seen-before continuity of highly intricate engraving from the face to the rim along with a dramatic serration depth 6.5x deeper than the standard!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LOW MINTAGE! Your coin has a limited worldwide mintage.
- PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
Within your coin’s uniquely shaped contour, the reverse design features a highly detailed, engraved rendering of the space station from Star Trek™: Deep Space Nine. Officially classified by Starfleet as a “hybrid planar-columnar tri-radial structure,” Deep Space 9’s shape is defined in part by an outer docking ring that lines the coin’s edge, which is punctuated by 12 docking ports and a series of thrusters. Another defining feature, the towering docking pylons extend towards an inner habitat ring, which is linked to a spherical-shaped central core. The station’s placement allows for a largely unobstructed view of the full-colour image that fills the field, where the Bajoran wormhole (top left) adds a bright swirl of colour to the snapshot of the Bajoran system. A different view of the series’ galactic locale is featured on the obverse, where a fine colour outline augments the engraved legend. The space station is also engraved on the obverse, where it frames the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Two characters, Worf and Miles O’Brien, made the leap from Star Trek™: The Next Generation to series regulars on Deep Space Nine. A number of other characters also made cameo appearances on the series, including Lwaxana Troi (“The Forsaken,” “Fascination,” “The Muse”), Jean-Luc Picard (“Emissary”) and Q (“Q-Less”)—in fact, Q has appeared on three Star Trek™ television series!
- Deep Space 9 made a few cameo appearance of its own: the station’s exterior was seen in the Star Trek™: The Next Generation episode “Birthright,” and in the Star Trek™: Voyager episode, “Caretaker,” where the docking station was the last stop for U.S.S. Voyager before it was transported deep into the Delta Quadrant.
- Quark’s best customer, Morn, is a fan favourite and a recurring gag! The Lurian courier had a reputation for being highly talkative, but he never spoke a single word in any of the 93 episodes he appeared in.
- What was one of the most expensive Deep Space Nine episodes ever produced? The Season 5 episode “Trials and Tribble-ations”, which paid tribute to the original Star Trek™ series on its 30th anniversary. Racing to save Captain James T. Kirk from a booby-trapped Tribble, the Deep Space 9 crew were digitally inserted into some of the original footage from the 1967 episode “The Trouble With Tribbles”, while other scenes were re-staged using re-created costumes and décor.
Your coin comes beautifully packaged in a ready-to-display floating frame, ideal for work or home!
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.