The Caribou Coin 2018
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Silver Content (Troy oz):
- Precious Metal Content (grams):
- Fineness (% purity):
- Minimum Gross Weight (grams):
- Maximum Diameter (mm):
- Maximum Thickness (mm):
- Maximum Mintage:
- While Stocks Last
ONE OF OUR MOST AFFORDABLE PURE SILVER COINS
With its formidable rack of antlers, the caribou stands tall as a timeless emblem of our wildlife heritage. The classic Canadian icon commands attention on your pure silver coin, where clean lines give the design a modern edge while placing the focus squarely on a culturally important species.
An affordable gift to introduce a loved one to the joys of coin collecting! Share the passion, order today!
- AFFORDABLE! Your caribou coin is an easy and affordable way to own a 99.99% pure silver coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint!
- A CLASSIC DESIGN AT A LOW PRICE! Your coin is a perfect introduction to numismatics! A great addition to any collection, this collectible is a unique gift idea and a wonderful way to start one's journey into coin collecting. Share your passion!
- EASY TO DISPLAY! Your encapsulated coin is packaged in a custom folder that allows you to easily display and safely store your special keepsake.
- BEAUTIFUL COIN FINISH! Seldom seen on coins issued by other mints, your coin's specimen finish pairs the brilliant relief with a lined (matte) background to place the emphasis on the engraving.
- WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Order your coin today before it's too late!
Designed by Steve McPhee, your coin presents a contemporary portrait of the caribou in the Canadian wilderness. The carefully sculpted ungulate is positioned slightly left-of-centre, where it strikes a majestic pose as it turns its head and looks towards the right side of the coin. Viewed in side profile, the caribou's rack of antlers adds to its imposing stature, with the main beam rising skyward while the brow-tines point forward above its muzzle. The stylized rendering of the landscape provides a simple yet artistic backdrop, while the brilliance of the engraved elements is enhanced by the coin's specimen finish. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin comes packaged in a display-ready presentation folder, with coin specifications and a certificate of authenticity printed on the back—all within easy reach!
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.